PRIVACY & COOKIES
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include (but is not limited to) your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description or social media usernames.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol address (also known as an ‘IP address’) used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and/or
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (also known as a ‘URL’) through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse- overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other website we operate or the other services we provide, or from our shareholders. We are also working closely with third parties and may receive information about you from them.
VELON BUSINESS PARTNERS
If you agree, we will share the information that you have provided to us with our carefully selected partners. These partners will never use this data to contact you for any reason or post, link or make reference to any of your social media accounts.
Our current business partners are the race organiser of the Giro d’Italia (RCS Sport) and our data processor (EY):
For the purpose of the Act, RCS Sport S.p.A (“RCS”) of Rizzoli n. 8, Milan, Italy is an independent data controller meaning that they have to carefully look after your data in accordance with the law. RCS will use the information you have provided to us to understand your engagement level in our app or website and where you are from. RCS’ aim is to use this information to improve fan engagement in their races.
If at any time you want to stop RCS from processing your data in the way set out above all you need to do is email “opt-out” to email@example.com. RCS will then remove your data from the database, delete any reference to your data and email you to confirm that they have done so. RCS will never use this data to contact you for any other reason.
For the purpose of the Act, Ernst & Young LLP (“EY”) of 1 More London Place, London SE1 2AF is an independent data controller meaning that they have to carefully look after your data in accordance with the Act. EY will use the information you have provided to us to combine your data with consumer data or database(s) from other sources and process these combined data sets in order to produce insight about consumers generally.
If at any time you want to stop EY processing your data in the way set out above, all you need to do is email “opt-out” to firstname.lastname@example.org. EY will then remove your data from their databases, delete any reference to your data and email you to confirm that they have done so. EY will never use this data to contact you for any other reason.
If you have any questions at all with regard to the Velon business partners we would love to hear from you. Please feel free to email us at any time at the address listed in ‘Contact’ below.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to notify you about changes to our service; and/or
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and/or
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any shareholder of Velon or current/future members of our group.
We may share your information with selected third parties including analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Velon, or substantially all of its assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and/or
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to go towards our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.